Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Priorities

I am the queen of procrastination sometimes. Not because I like to be, but because I find I always tend to over commit, I also get very unmotivated until a few minutes before the end of the game- that’s when I get all inspired and energetic. I find it is also similar when reviewing my daily ritual. I don’t really get going until at earliest 11 a.m. and I am buzzing at the end of the day when I should be going to sleep. I am usually thinking about all the things I want to get up at 7 a.m. and do, but don’t bother when I finally drag myself out from under the covers at 9… One of the things I have put on the backburner of my summer has been a project I promised to do for the HEcol quite some time ago. It has buzzed at the back of my brain for months, and I think that once my practicum is over, I need to commit to getting it done. I am saying this ‘out here’ in the wide world of interweb because it is kind of a social conscience contract: I need to follow through because I told you (all 5 of you) that I would. Where I am working right now I have committed to finishing a project for them with a concise conclusion. No one knows what that conclusion will be just yet, because it is evolving as it develops. But I will finish it, my grade, my reference, and my pride depends on it. I need to prioritize and respect my commitments and follow through always, as if these important things were always on the line, because from the stance of my personal integrity, that is the case. Plus, maybe I will fall asleep faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment