Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Morning Starshine, the Earth Says Hello

My dear friend Kelly paid homage to her last ten years with a beautiful review of her history. I could regale you all with all sorts of crazy stories: moving in with my best friend, loving and thinking I was loved, running away, being broken, learning how to sleep again, being manipulated, car accidents, and falling in love with the right person. And really, that was only the first three years... Then there was the past 7 years... 6 years of marriage and one year of crazy fun. Lots of false starts in school and life, getting laid off, and finding out all sorts of cute things about my favorite person. (DH can't get dressed until he has socks on... CAN'T. How cute is that? That said, I brush my teeth with hot water.)

Anyways. I am way too impatient to go over all of that- I am happy where I am, I am looking to be eventually gainfully employed, (two interviews on Monday... fingers crossed.)

This decade has been weird, nothing has gone as I thought I wanted it to. My decade in a nut shell has been amazing and painful. There is no nutshell, its all over the board. This year was hard. I lost my job. My mother in law has been very ill. My own mother is facing surgery in January. My family lives far away, and my schedule has not permitted a lot of visiting with much of anyone. School is really tiring.

So... Good riddance 2009. I have had my fill of you, and I am ready to embrace the new, the foreign, the exciting. I am welcoming it all to me and mine. I am calling success and happiness to my side of the universe this instant.

I am so lucky to have my partner in crime, and I wish everyone a safe, happy, and healthy new year.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog - being happy for me and acknowledging the exciting events coming my way in the new year.

    I see you had quite a decade. Lots of difficult times, but some happiness too. I hope 2010 brings you and your family happiness, good health, joy, prosperity and a heartful of peace. Happy New Year, Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike brushes his teeth with hot water too

    all Libras must

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks for the props, babe.

    You have been a special part of my past decade. You and DH have been my coupledom template. Yes, you're flawed and fight and all that stuff, but the love and team player attitude makes me look at it and go "yes! that's how it's done!" And though it's taking me a while to find my own team (trades, bad coaching and poor sportsmanship are the main culprits) you two renew my faith when it's shaken.

    Slainte.

    ReplyDelete