Monday, August 9, 2010

Que Sera



These are a few little crafty goodies I have been playing around with, I bought a felting tool from a crazy quilt shop in the mountains recently, and these are a couple of things I made.... a work in progress, I am sure you all understand... (The one with the word says RUBY, but the camera flipped the image, and my photo editor doesn't have a mirror flip option, so just deal with it!)

I am encouraged in my pursuit of design by several things:
  • My art teacher in high school who gave many practical job listings which someone could do which involved art- he pushed you to pursue the marketable nature behind being a hippy dippy pie in the sky creative type
  • Watching FTV and style.com, you learn that designers often dress far worse than their brains create for others- I have the first part down...
  • I love other things too. Meaning if I don't create the next big thing, I will still find something I love to do (I'm even okay if it takes awhile)
  • I can (and likely will) jump on board the Etsy train when I finally settle down enough to make some goodies
  • Some mischief making friends of mine have big plans for a weird creative statement, that I would love to take part in. Think 'Fight Club' project mayhem, but with PRETTY instead of DESTRUCTIVE
What keeps you going? How do you know you are doing what you should be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment